Our schools and offices will be closed March 10th-14th in observance of Spring Break. Schools and offices will reopen on March 17th. Have a safe holiday.
Click here to visit the
In order to meet the academic needs of Scottsdale Unified School District’s (SUSD) high achieving students, SUSD will expand its Middle School Honors Program by adding English Language Arts to the curriculum for its six middle schools and three K-8 schools for the 2014-15 school year.
“We believe that SUSD is ‘The Best Choice’ for students. By enhancing the Middle School Honors Program to include English Language Arts, in addition to Math, we offer the best choice for 6th-8th grade students who have demonstrated that they are ready to move toward a more rigorous curriculum,” said Dr. Andi Fourlis, assistant superintendent of Teaching & Learning. See Middle School Honors Program
All 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students who would like to participate in track this year were invited to attend a meeting last Wednesday during the last 10 min of lunch. There will be no cuts. Practice STARTS the Wednesday after spring break. Questions? Have your student speak with Miss Debbie at lunch.
Eight orchestra students represented Cocopah at the Scottsdale Middle School Honor Orchestra Festival Monday, March 3. They all performed well and their behavior made Mrs. Burau and the rest of Cocopah beam with PRIDE. Congratulations to Einna S, Danielle B, Hailey H, Claire E, Sienna S, Jory W, Sarah C or Taehee P on a job well done!
We are honoring them today for their incredible effort in the State Tournament this weekend. There were 36 teams competing in 22 different areas of science and engineering projects.
- Donavon B and Max S won 1st place in Aeronautics.
- Max and Evan B won 9th place and Lacey N and Donavon won 8th place in Science Word.
- Jonathan G and Sam B won 8th place with their Boomilever.
- Donavan and Evan won 4th place in Can’t Judge a Powder.
- Lacey and Rotem M won 9th place in Disease Detective
- Lacey and Jakob H won 7th place in Dynamic Planet
- Jakob and Jonathan won 8th place in Heredity
- And - - - in one of the many highlights of the day - - - Sam and Donavan won 2nd place with their Wheeled Vehicle.
And a huge thanks to the parents; Mr. Banen, Mr. Menon, Mr. Sharkey, Mr. Cox, and Mrs. Haas for helping the team with their projects – along with Mr. Esposito, Avatar Engineering, and Mr. Johnson from Scottsdale Community College. The team couldn’t have done it without all your support!
Thank you the Cocopah parents, Miss DeMuro, and Mr. Salcito for attending the day’s events.
Congratulations to the entire team - Sarah McD, Cole C, Luke Ma, Josh J, Alyx T, Swati M, and Amanda S!
- Grocery bags
- Department store bags
- Bread bags - - - veggie bags
- Food bags - - - ziplock sandwich bags
- Dry cleaning bags - - - The plastic bag your newspaper come in
- Krispy Crème Donut bags!
- ALL soft plastic bags MUST be free of liquid or food residue
- NO RECEIPTS! should be left in the bags!
Responding to cyberbullying...
National Board Certification is one of the highest achievements in the teaching profession. Recently, 13 Scottsdale Unified School District (SUSD) teachers earned this credential by completing the rigorous National Board Certified Teacher (NBCT) process, and one teacher renewed the credential. SUSD now has 71 board-certified teachers.